Brand Names: Tiotem
Generic Name: artemether/lumefantrine (ar-TEM-e-ther/LOO-me-FAN-treen)
Tiotem is used for: Treating certain types of malaria in adults and children who weigh at least 11 pounds (5 kg). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Tiotem is an antimalarial agent.
How to use Tiotem:
Use Tiotem as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
• An extra patient leaflet is available with Tiotem. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
• Take Tiotem by mouth with food.
• If you are unable to swallow the tablet, Tiotem may be crushed and mixed with a small amount of water (1 or 2 teaspoons) in a clean container. Swallow the mixture immediately; then rinse the container with more water and swallow to be sure you receive the entire dose. Follow with food or drink (eg, milk, formula, pudding, broth, porridge). Do not store the mixture for future use.
• Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while you use Tiotem.
• If you vomit within 1 hour after taking Tiotem, take another dose. If you vomit the repeat dose, contact your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Tiotem
Proper storage of Tiotem:
Store Tiotem at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Tiotem out of the reach of children and away from pets.